TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In the same boat....and been researching
Katie - 2004-11-13
In response to Overwhelmed by choices (Paul Sorensen)

Hi Paul,
I also got an enormous response to China when I put my post on this site. The one thing that puts me off is all of the pollution in China - I have asthma so its something that I have to consider. In any case, I think its best to get straight factual information and then make your decisions and not base what you do on the ravings of those who are usually between the ages of 20 -24 and have never been out of their own countries before and not offense to you in that age group who read this but at the age of 42, I know I see the world alot differently than I did 20 years ago so please dont waste time sending me hate mail because I wont answer it. So back to you Paul. I tried a great website called www.embassy-worldwide.com and you can look up your embassy in China and it gives all kinds of info. Also, try www.lonelyplanet.com since they are usuallly fairly objective and there are also lots of comments from people on the thorntree postings and you can put one there yourself.You can also get info about Thailand and Vietnam this way. I hope I have been of some help. I too would like to go to China but I think as a single woman, it is something better to do with someone else and not alone.
Take care, Kate

Messages In This Thread
Overwhelmed by choices -- Paul Sorensen -- 2004-11-12
Thailand -- Robert Newman -- 2004-11-14
In the same boat....and been researching -- Katie -- 2004-11-13
2 cents worth......... -- Beatrix. -- 2004-11-13
Visa is the main thing -- Dos -- 2004-11-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In the same boat....and been researching

Go to another board -