TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CHEAT something about salary
englishgibson - 2010-02-27
In response to Re: CHEAT something about salary (Outahereasap)

any ft on mainland china can easily be tricked by local employers and that even if he/she has the appropriate work permit or not. many local english language contracts are tricky and they often aren't translated from chinese accurately either. chinese language contracts are usually to stand as "legal" in the court, so many fts contractual agreements are, as it's been said here, worthless paper. and, as it's been said on here before too, chinese, if it's managers, employers or authorities, they stick together no matter what. THESE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS WHY FOREIGN WORKERS SHOULD NOT COME TO CHINA AND THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN IN FOR A LONG TIME SHOULD BEGIN THINKING OF HOW TO EXIT THE COUNTRY SOONER OR LATER.

from my most recent experiences, i see a rather dangerous trend in china where the dishonest local employers and authorities cooperate much more than, say, 10 years ago. then, i see plenty of "opportunities" that offer some unreasonably substandard contractual agreements for fts too and since we've brought some locals'
english over that elementary level and we are not needed as much anymore, there often isn't any room for negotiating. they've got their own to abuse which is much easier and cheaper.

cheers and beers to a sixth sense of a ft when accepting an offer from any local employer on mainland as well as cheers and beers to a prep plan for a safe exit :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-26
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- K B -- 2010-02-26
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-27
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-28
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- englishgibson -- 2010-02-27
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Turino -- 2010-02-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CHEAT something about salary

Go to another board -