TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CHEAT something about salary
Turino - 2010-02-27
In response to Re: CHEAT something about salary (englishgibson)

from my most recent experiences, i see a rather dangerous trend in china where the dishonest local employers and authorities cooperate much more than, say, 10 years ago. then, i see plenty of "opportunities" that offer some unreasonably substandard contractual agreements for fts too and since we've brought some locals' english over that elementary level and we are not needed as much anymore, there often isn't any room for negotiating. they've got their own to abuse which is much easier and cheaper.

Unfortunately,I have no choice but to agree with you on the two points in the above quote from your post in this thread,which I've chosen to highlight above.

The first of two of your observations that I've chosen to highlight informs us that we cannot expect justice whenever it may be due us here in the PRC.It has become apparent to me that they've learned how to manipulate us for their own ends,and the recently modified system of official release papers is frequently misused to drive those FT's they deem to be troublemakers out of the country.

The second of two of your observations that I've chosen to highlight informs us of the custom here of Chinese employers abusing their Chinese employees,sth that's been on the go ever since I first set foot on these shores,and sth that too many Chinese employers dare to impose on their foreign teachers these days, much more common among private sector bosses than state sector ones.

Cheers and beers to those of us who choose to go on teaching here,amidst all the unfairness,and also to those of us who've had enough and look elsewhere for employment opportunities!

Messages In This Thread
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-26
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- K B -- 2010-02-26
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-27
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Outahereasap -- 2010-02-28
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- englishgibson -- 2010-02-27
Re: CHEAT something about salary -- Turino -- 2010-02-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: CHEAT something about salary

Go to another board -