TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: New Visa restrictions in China
englishgibson - 2010-07-20

CL, the (your) link ambiguously touches the subject of foreign experts' visas' length where "3-5 years" is mentioned in the clause #2.

Where the invited object is a foreign expert, he shall obtain the teaching and research experience for 3-5 years or more.

Unclear wording in local employment contracts, laws, or regulations is not uncommon around and searching for answers to peoples' (foreigners') legal questions is purposely designed to be difficult. Then, translations are inaccurate for a few reasons and one of them is that, according to my sources and from my experience, only the Chinese version counts in the mainland court of law. Let's face it, the system is designed to benefit the rulers/authors of contracts, laws or regulations. Are we to buy the; "we're a developing nation and so are our laws or regulations"?

Again and as I have pointed out in my previous post on this topic, readers should search for the prove to these restrictions on the esl cafe site, where some teachers have discussed the topic providing links to these regulations.

Cheers and beers

Messages In This Thread
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: New Visa restrictions in China

Go to another board -