TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Cleaning up the ESL industry!
MikeK - 2014-10-01
In response to Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! (Beth)

because they are a regulatory body, awarding degrees is not what they are supposed to do!!

My post did not say that TBC award degrees this is because the only institutions in UK who can legally issue degrees must hold a Royal Charter.

I said that students can get (I assume unbiased) information for students considering further education which would be a lot more reliable than the EF Academy.

TBC affiliated with businesses.... Would an example of such an affiliation with business be the British Council and The World Bank who are jointly backing social enterprise in Morroco

"A joint initiative could lead to more social enterprises like Sanady – a school for the children of local factory workers, and could fill a range of gaps in Moroccan public service"

http://www.theguardian.com/british-council-partner-zone/british-council-world-bank-morocco

Yes., TBC is indeed a UK Government funded body and will therefore reflect the good governance of the UK's Ministry of Education and as such any inspections of accredited schools can be relied upon. It is a sad fact that TBC accredit Training Centres - I'm not making excuses for this, personally I don't agree with TBC accredting Training Centres.

But I'm sure that students trust one of the 70 TBC owned schools far more than a Training Centre awarded with a row of good behaviour lollipops.

Messages In This Thread
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- MikeK -- 2014-10-01
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- Beth -- 2014-10-01
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- MikeK -- 2014-10-01
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- MikeK -- 2014-10-02
Re: Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- WhoKnows -- 2014-10-02
Re Cleaning up the ESL industry! -- Somebody -- 2014-10-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Cleaning up the ESL industry!

Go to another board -