TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Questions regarding visas/passport, newbie needs your help.
#1 Parent Caring - 2017-05-04
Re Questions regarding visas/passport, newbie needs your help.

Chinese laws/rules are suggestions which means that you should not expect a clarity. Moreover, forums are infested with multiple user names with twisted personalities that you need to be aware of. Depending on what kind of school or area you wish to come to you may or may not have to wait long. Private centers hire anytime while primary/secondary/tertiary schools with outlined semesters mostly in Summers/Winters. The gerenal understanding is that you ought to arrive on a Z visa that follows a formal letter of invitation; however, one of my collegues came on L visa which he was able to convert to Z in Hong Kong later. Anyhow, pay attention to what you are told by recruiters, employers and posters on the board carefully.

Over and Out
Caring

#2 Parent Silverboy - 2017-05-03

That is only good advice if the person plans to do a runner before the L visa validity is up, eg: just use the free accommodation (which could be terrible ) and sleep with Chinese girls. Some guys do this. Working on an L visa is illegal though. So if the OP takes your advice and gets caught working during that time they will be in a lot of trouble. No rights for people with illegal visas in Asia.

#3 Parent FTinPRC - 2017-05-03

the boss has you by the balls once you have a work visa

If you are working on a tourist visa, the clowns at the agency slice your balls with scallions.

#4 Parent Clown - 2017-05-03

Just go on a holiday visa, the boss has you by the balls once you have a work visa

But China is boring and it has no culture and do not work for less than 12,000 a month or 150 an hour

#5 Parent FTinPRC - 2017-05-03

You received 'job offers' without the ability to provide a passport image or number?

I smell recruiters.

Employers in China require your passport information to apply for the documentation that must be presented (with your passport) to the Chinese embassy in your country of citizenship to acquire your Z visa. Without your passport information they are unable to provide these documents, which are tantamount to a 'job offer'.

Justin M - 2017-05-02
Questions regarding visas/passport, newbie needs your help.

Hello, and good day/evening.
Im 25 and have finally got around to getting some job offers for this August (2017).
I'm completely new to international travel. I have applied for my passport here in the US.
I didn't apply that long ago so I'm still expecting to wait a month or more for it to arrive.
I'm wondering if this is enough time to get all of my travel documents together, including the visa.
If anyone has a link to an article that gives detailed and step by step information to gaining entrance to china. An explanation from a helpful expat on here will suffice as well.
Any information on the subject would be a great help.
Thank you.

Return to Index › Questions regarding visas/passport, newbie needs your help.

Go to another board -