TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Indonesian teacher employment laws
#1 Parent ICAL_Pete - 2008-10-13
Re: Indonesian teacher employment laws

I wonder if this is a requirement due to Indonesian visa regulations in the same way that holding a degree is a requirement in many Asian countries if you want to obtain a work visa and teach legally.

Have you checked with the government authorities in charge of issuing visas?

At the same time, I wonder if instead it is just a common school requirement to ensure teachers are native English speakers, and it has nothing to do with an actual law.

Just a thought

Duncan Buchanan - 2008-10-12
Indonesian teacher employment laws

I have recently opened an English language school (AELIN) in Ruteng, Flores. It's a struggle, but we may eventaully break even. We're trying to ofer a quality series of courses for prices as low as possible -not a formula for making large profits, maybe not even a formula for survival!

I wish to hire another foreign English language teacher (besides myself), and I wish to follow Indonesian employment law. I have read many times over the years, that foreign English teachers can only be recruited from UK, Canada, Australia, NZ and USA, but I have never been able to find the primary source, the law which states this. Similarly the laws regarding contracts, where is all this laid out for foreign English language teachers? I have trawled the Nakertrans website, Immigration, googled Employment law, all to no avail!

Can anyone direct me to the actual laws which state these regualtions? No problems if they are in Indonesian, all the better, as more lkely to be the genune article!

Thanks
Duncan Buchanan
AELIN Ruteng

Return to Index › Indonesian teacher employment laws

Go to another board -