TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?
#1 Parent John Cabott - 2010-11-27
Re Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?

Thanks Silver boy. I have been to Hong Kong and South Korea so I know rudeness and pollution well. I don't care too much about rude people, you kind of get used to it after a while.
I am not in to the night club scene, I am more a cafe and coffee person, and there were thousands of coffee shops in South Korea which was a coffee lovers paradise. I know China is a tea culture which is why I made the point of Coffee as a main issue, ha ha.

I am curious to know whether there are any Catholic English speaking churches too. I forgot to mention that.

Cheers.

John Cabott - 2010-11-26
Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?

Hi there,

I am considering taking up EFL work in Wuhan at a Uni. But I would like to hear the opinion of other expats about living and working in Wuhan. I have not been to China before but have been to a couple of other parts of Asia.
Things I would like to know are:

Is China a dump or does it depend on which city you are in? So is Wuhan advanced and how does it compare to say Seoul or Tokyo?
Are there many expats there and are things like razor blades and real coffee available to purchase? I am a coffee addict so it is very important I can purchase ground coffee beans to make a home brew.
Is there an expat part of the city to hang out in and are there many Western supermarkets there?
What are some things I should anticipate to avoid culture shock? I am ready to expect the unexpected.
Thanks in advance.

Return to Index › Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?

Go to another board -