TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?
#1 Parent John Cabott - 2010-11-28
Re Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?

Hey Silver boy,

You make out that the Chinese are alien compared to the rest of Asia, a good South Korean friend said to me that you don't want to stay in China too long as it can unnerve you. Rude people are rude people, I dealt with them in South Korea and Hong Kong. What gradation of rudeness are you talking about here, the type that will tell you to F*ck off if your plate has got nasal excrement on it and you refuse to eat from it?

Pubs and clubs? well most people are rude in those places. Anyway, I am not interested in going to pubs and clubs. As a foreigner you get enough attention down the street or at a restaurant. Another poster said he wouldn't move to Wuhan because the people are rude. You can't base a whole city's attitude on a handful of rude people, or are you saying you can because all of China is like that?

As for women wanting to learn English I had a lot of that in South Korea, but they were also interested in me intimately too, if you know what I mean?

Silverboy, you were there for two and a half years you said. It can't have all been that bad for the whole time. Can you e-mail me directly please, if you don't mind?

Cheers

Return to Index › Re Any expat EFL Teachers in Wuhan?

Go to another board -