TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Leave Or Stay With DPRK Threat?
#1 Parent Lauren - 2010-11-28
Re Leave Or Stay With DPRK Threat?

No one knows what will happen because it could still go either way. The reason why they haven't even issued a warning on the travel boards is because nobody knows and a warning could destroy the Korean economy and send the stocks into a nose dive. The next move keeps being placed on North Korea's shoulders because South Korea does not want to take a turn. So it is catch 22! You can leave and have nothing happen and will have given up the E1 or you can stay and possibly get stuck in a war zone.

Call me a coward, but I am leaving. The next big explosion and you know everyone will be running for the airports.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

Puppy Eater - 2010-11-27
Leave Or Stay With DPRK Threat?

Should foreigners be leaving the Republic of South Korea now due to a very strong likelihood of an attack on Seoul? This looks like an accident waiting to happen given recent developments near Seoul. It is obvious that the South Korean government does not have the spine to take any defensive action other than spewing their usual mindless rhetoric while the DPRK appears to be gearing up to take over the South. After jumping through all of the hoops to get here and now being on an E1 visa teaching at a college, I wonder if the situation is worth the risk. The 28,000 soldiers from the USA that are stationed nearby would be too drunk or too slow to get mobilized to help the ROK in the event of an attack and by the time they even got out of bed Seoul would be long gone. I think it might be time to vacate South Korea.

Return to Index › Leave Or Stay With DPRK Threat?

Go to another board -