TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL
Tanya Claxton - 2019-02-23
In response to Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL (Teacher)

I worked for a couple Shin and Oh who owned Ja-Yeon, Ja-Ram and Juk-Jeon Hakwons in Suji, Yong-In area.
My experience was terrible. Passports witheld. Suitcases witheld for 24 hrs on arrival.
Cockroach infested apartment that was supposed to be cleaned before we moved in and which I wasn't allowed to view prior.
My husband and I both contracted Pneumonia, Sinusitis and food poisoning in the first few weeks and were told we couldn't take time off.
A whole months pay witheld for 'Tax"purposes, which was illegal.
Teachers were supposed to provide the syllabus and make materials for the new schools in the Shin-Oh portfolio.
Hours increased and pay decreased over time. Visa runs to Japan funded by the teachers, when contracts stated they woiuld be paid for by the school.
My husband and I worked at 3 of the schools in the company in the one day and had to travel in our lunch break and afternoon tea break without remuneration.
The owners were constantly bullying and harassing staff including us and we even complained to immigration and inland revenue. To no avail.
Aparently in the 2 years prior to us joining the company, when they had only one school, it was more relaxed and fun.
When we joined the Shin-Ohs were strung-out, millitant and in debt from expansion. So, they were not pleasant to work for, to say the least.
They have since expanded to more schools, so I can't imagine it is any better.
They were horrible to their Korean teachers, which is usual in their culture and tried to treat the English Teachers the same way.
I wouldn't work for them again.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Absolutely Not! -- 2012-04-29
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- j -- 2015-01-14
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- anonymous -- 2015-03-05
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Teacher -- 2012-08-19
Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL -- Tanya Claxton -- 2019-02-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Black List IN KOREA, Jayeon ESOL

Go to another board -