TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › AEUA AIA Meihua International High School in Kunming, Yunnan, China
#1 Parent Li - 2019-03-05
Re AEUA AIA Meihua International High School in Kunming, Yunnan, China

Finally got busted and shut down! Teachers without papers deported. Administrators without licenses jailed. Too bad for teachers who believed in it or believed the lies and didn't check it out. If pay seems too good, it won't last!

#2 Parent John - 2018-07-13

So there is a new post online for hiring teachers to restart the Monash program at AEUA AIA Meihua 美华 campus. They tried this many years ago and the program had lots of difficulties. Now they are hiring on wechat Foreign Teachers groups through that guy who trolls all the chat groups named Lee (some Russian name). I guess that he is responsible for the Monash program coming back. Monash is a real Uni from Australia! Hard to believe a school with a reputation would take such risks with a fake high school. I went there for an interview last month and they have a sign that says 'Graduation is guaranteed' it also says the entry into University 'Is guaranteed'. They told me that I have to write letters of recommendation for students. Asked at Sal's and some guy there said he was paid to write fake recommendations and they give out fake grades. I wonder if it is possible for teachers to get sued or fined for such bullshit! It's illegal to lie! Monash wake up!!!!

#3 Parent Anon - 2018-04-26

Hi, living in Smalltown KUnming. word gets around. Was drinking with some Chinese friends recently and met some employees at that school. They were saying that the school hired a lot of foreigners last semester with the goal to transform their problem workplace. The idea was that if they hired lots of new ppl they cud get a few good obedient saps. They they could get rid of who didn’t like. This could scare the teachers to accept lower salaries or more hours and blame it all on mysterious upper management. Also heard they might have lost their ablility to get work visas...recent full time hires don’t have work visas. Those Chinese employees were complaining that foreign teachers get treated special and paid too much. Seems like a horrible place. Don’t they realize that happy workers stay longer and work harder?

#4 Parent Scott - 2018-03-29

No, the real issue is pay. I had a contract with them, they made up a fake reason to cancel it because they couldn't pay. They didn't pay my last 2 months salary. If anyone else had this problem please PM me and maybe we can take them to court.

#5 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

so u think "private" is the issue :\ me think go abroad brainwashed is the problem on this site of the ocean

#6 Parent Another Willie - 2018-03-29

Most of these schools aren't international at all; it's mostly private High Schools preparing Chinese students to go abroad for studies. A lot of them have similar problems like many training centers in China. In such case, they are crap.

#7 Parent caring - 2018-03-29

hard to tell which school isn't fake around so i wouldn't sweat it. i can tell u that applications to unis in states, canada or australia go through with or without our effort many times which is why we should just take what's offered. if the job's too unreasonable describe in detail why for the sake of all. for instance, if u don't get paid which is what someone else here suggested. anyhow, our governments and unis are more guilty than those "fake schools" for they feed the process. with their translators studens go to consulates for their visa interviews.

fake school
#8 Parent SE - 2018-03-29

Hadn't seen any bad posts about this school recently and thought everything would be fine, so I started working there. I'm afraid to report that it is still a fake school! Heard from one or two people that it used to be ok. What I mean is that they promise that every kid, no matter how bad, will get into a foreign college. If you want your kid to get a good education, don't let them go to the fake school where all the kids smoke all day long. That means, they will do everything to fake grades, etc. Teachers beware, if you don't go along with the lies and write fake recommendation letters you will be fired! Also, this year they had around 12 or 13 foreign teachers, now they got rid of at least half of them. I think they have given up on long term planning and want to hire any lazy white guy. Now they want teachers to live in the school - eat, drink, sleep work. No loyalty, long hours, impossible students = stressful work environment!

#9 Parent Rob - 2016-08-29

If they are so poor, why did they promise me a free computer if I work there? Oh, wait ... that was for any students who study there, they will get a free computer, or maybe a car, or a girlfriend. Ha ha ha, all the promises!

#10 Parent LP - 2016-08-29

David, Sail, Howlven are the English names used by the owners (if those are real English names), or shall we call them debtors!

#11 Parent M - 2016-08-27

Well, it was actually before September 2015. At that time they paid teachers, students were doing well, and things seemed ok. In September 2015 they ran out of money. They know nothing about run a business, especially not a school. Many teachers not paid salaries for many months. Some teachers tried to stay, the school kept promising to pay later. They paid 1 monthly salary like every third month, but never paid several months in between. They promise to pay, but they have a terrible reputation for lying now. I guess that they are desperate, no money! They should be shut down! There is government investigation about where their money went and teachers trying to sue for their salaries. If you don't pay teachers, are they going to work? No. No discipline, terrible environment, no money, so poor and begging their students and parents for extra money to fund the school. Avoid this place! They will cheat, steal, and lie! Meihua 云南师大附中美华国际高中 AEUA AIA is now a scam school! Anybody who has better option is gone.

John - 2016-08-27
AEUA AIA Meihua International High School in Kunming, Yunnan, China

Anyone know if Meihua aka AIA and AEUA in Kunming is a good place to work? It was a long time ago that the last post was made. It is 2016 and I they are offering positions for 10K and 12K rmb. Can anyone who works there or has worked there verify if I should try it or just move on and keep looking?

Return to Index › AEUA AIA Meihua International High School in Kunming, Yunnan, China

Go to another board -