TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant
Paul Fox - 2016-03-02
In response to Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant (Caring)

Thanks Caring

I have no idea who 'Silverboy' is, but I can assure you I am not him/her

I found this site by accident, but I have been a regular blogger on another Chinese/Western web-site for a few years now and nothing I read on this site is new to me (if you get my meaning?)

People always love to whinge and moan and sites like these give us the opportunity to do that......

People like US who live and work in China know exactly what China is, but those contemplating moving here to teach, don't!

Yes, it's fair that we should warn potentials what to expect when they arrive here and it's fair to help them become well-informed what a poxy, outrageous system operates under the guise of 'teaching'.

Scummy training centres with even scummier bosses who care nothing about education, only about how much money they can rip-off students. Schools who employ foreign teachers to do the job that a Chinese-English teacher could easily do whilst at the same time employing Chinese-English teachers to run IELTS classes that the FT's SHOULD be teaching.

Deans and principals that take money from parents in order to change the student scores so they can go abroad to study.....need I go on?

My school had a visit today from a lovely Chinese university teacher from Canada. She grew up there so her English is pretty 'perfect'. Her job is now to travel around schools in China to see what is happening as to why students, who apparently get high grades, don't know the difference between a verb and an adjective and don't understand simple questions such as 'Where do you come from?' when they arrive in Canada/USA etc

So yes......we ALL know that the system is f*cked and we ALL know the endless list of 'problems' in China. But China DOES have its good points too....sometimes they are hard to find, but they ARE there if you look hard enough.....

Just because somebody finds one and points it out, doesn't make them a 'wumao' - That's all I am saying....

Messages In This Thread
Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- nijao -- 2016-03-01
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- lou -- 2016-03-01
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Caring -- 2016-03-04
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Paul Fox -- 2016-03-02
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- work it out -- 2016-03-03
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Paul Fox -- 2016-03-03
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- purple haze -- 2016-03-05
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Splunge -- 2016-03-06
Re: Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- JustSaying -- 2016-03-05
Re: Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- purple haze -- 2016-03-05
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Splunge -- 2016-03-03
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- paul fox -- 2016-03-03
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- John O'Shei -- 2016-03-02
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Dragonized -- 2016-03-03
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- nijao -- 2016-03-02
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- Caring -- 2016-03-02
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- John O'Shei -- 2016-03-01
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- xinyang -- 2016-03-03
Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant -- lou -- 2016-03-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Not all Chinese work in a restaurant

Go to another board -