TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › More nonsense in China coming at you! - Teachers Discussion
Julia - 2006-09-03

I just have to say that I loved Frank's post about eye exercises. Having been in China for 10 years I have my own personal list of things that absolutely drive me crazy over here...........Enjoy!!!

1) Students need to spend 12-14 hours a day in school 6 days a week because if they don't they won't learn anything.

2) The students should attend military training for 2 weeks during the hottest time of the year. They should run laps and stand in the sun for hours on end as it builds up their strength. ( My students just finished this and I will never forget seeing them crying and throwing up from sun stroke. The worst thing about this was the soldiers who yelled and screamed at them to get back up and keep going.)

3) You should eat dog meat in the winter as it will help keep you warm. Being an animal lover I find this horrific.

And my own personal favourite...........and if you don't believe this go find a woman who has had a baby and ask her.....

4) After giving birth a woman should NOT shower or brush her teeth for one month. Yes that is correct she should just stay in bed and do nothing. When asked why I was told "if she has a shower she will get sick." I saw this first hand and the smell of that room was unbelievable.

5) Babies, children and adults urinating and defecating outside on the street. This is just something that there is just no excuse for. The worst part is that 90% of these people have houses but will just do their business outside. I think we can attribute this to laziness on their part. I think the worst thing is that they don't clean up after themselves or their children. Having just gotten back from Beijing and Shanghai I couldn't believe how widespread this is. What I think is even more shocking is that China is hosting the Olympics in a years time!!! Let's hope they try to put a stop to that along with the spitting.

There you have it folks, these are just some of the Chinese ways that differ from the West.....if anybody has any other ones that they would like to share.......please do so!!

Have a great day!!!

Messages In This Thread
Another example of China's "mysterious ways" - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-02
More nonsense in China coming at you! - Teachers Discussion -- Julia -- 2006-09-03
re: - Teachers Discussion -- alex -- 2006-09-06
China nonsense - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-09-03
China Nonsense - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2006-09-04
On the flip side... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-03
China's Ways! - Teachers Discussion -- Wendy -- 2006-09-05
Perhaps here too long. - Teachers Discussion -- Bernie -- 2006-09-06
Why oh why oh why?????? - Teachers Discussion -- Julia -- 2006-09-07
Re: Why of Why? - Teachers Discussion -- Yang -- 2006-09-08
Take a look in the mirror. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-09-10
Re. Take a look in the mirror - Teachers Discussion -- Yang -- 2006-09-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › More nonsense in China coming at you! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -