TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion
Aussie Girl - 2008-07-30

I've tried teaching at the Uni and Middle School, public and private in different cities and provinces here in CHina.Yes, they have lesser class hours, but compensation were just the same and others even lesser. And try to compare the number of students in the classroom...wowww......50,60,70 or even more...and thats really crap...and no CHinese teacher assistant and even a microphone....most of the students are just sitting there, pretending to listen,but won't talk or participate, others are just trying to make their homework...You are just like talking to a sleeping crowd or talking to the wall, no matter how good you are and what preparation you've made....no real interaction...So, are these worth teaching?..We can't even see the result of our effort?....Yeah, receiving money is just fine..maybe this is what others want....but,I dont take part of this crazy things, no conscience teachers!!!...Compared to an English training school like my present school,Aston in Shandong...this is far better or even the best ,based on my experience...we only have few students(10-15 ,maximum of 18) with teacher assistant and complete teaching materials and we can see how our students behave well, listen and learn what we've taught...So,all our effort are well- compensated, not only the money, but the students' learning as well.

So,for those foreigners planning to teach in CHina...try to weigh things and decide!!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion -- Aussie Girl -- 2008-07-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -