TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Who has had bad experiences with New Oriental?
AiEr - 2012-07-18

Beware New Oriental Chengdu! These people are vile, incompetent fools.

This year, after working for New Oriental over 2 years, they screwed me over like I should probably have expected, having lived in China 5 years already.

When it was time to renew my Z visa this year, I handed in all the relevant documentation and passport with a few weeks to spare which is the norm.

This school is a massive organisiation, which floated on the stock market last year, and who have several people working in the H.R. department who
give new meaning to the word 'incompetent'. After I gave them my documents, they called me a few weeks later, when I was expecting them to return my new
Z visa, and told me that not only had they not renewed my visa, but in fact, let the previous one expire by 10 days. You can imagine my shock and anger at this.

Never once before this time did they inform me that there was a problem with the application, which if they had, I could easily have gotten an extension to give
them more time to get their fingers out. At this point they were so dismissive and, of course, accepted no reponsibility for what they had done, and let me go alone to
the Chengdu P.S.B. to explain what had happened.

The Chengdu P.S.B. sided with me and accepted that it was not my fault and they fined New Oriental 5000 RMB and gave me a one month extension so New Oriental
could process the Z visa again. But this time New Oriental called me with 2 days left on the visa and said they still had not processed my visa. Intentional? You decide.

I went to the head office and immediately quit. This time I had to go back to my home country, Ireland, to start the visa process all over again. When I returned to China
I tried my best to have them compensate me for the trouble they caused me but obviously they did not. This incident has put a massive financial and personal strane on my
life and what makes it so much worse is how arrogant and dismissive thay have been about the whole thing.

The management of this organisation treats their employees, Chinese and foreign, like filthy dogs and they should be exposed.

If anyone has had a bad experience with this organisation, please post your story here? I will see to it that the schools and colleges in the west, that New Oriental has cooperation
with, will know exactly the kind of people they are dealing with.

Messages In This Thread
Who has had bad experiences with New Oriental? -- AiEr -- 2012-07-18
Re: Who has had bad experiences with New Oriental? Maxen -- Me Too -- 2012-07-19
Re: Who has had bad experiences with New Oriental? Maxen -- Me Too -- 2012-07-20
Re: Who has had bad experiences with New Oriental? Maxen -- G -- 2012-07-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Who has had bad experiences with New Oriental?

Go to another board -