TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Canadian International Educational Organization, the lowest pay school in Guangzhou
Sam - 2014-06-10

I was a teacher at a British Columbia Ministry of Education certified school at the Mianyang Foreign Languages School in Sichuan Province of the People's Republic of China (PRC). After 30 days, I was discharged. I received no payment for my up to 72 hour a week work schedule, including reimbursement of travel expenses. I was denied a contract by the British Columbia Ministry of Education representative. The contracting organization was owned by the wife of a British Columbia Ministry of Education representative.

It is a criminal offense to not pay an employee in the PRC. It is illegal to employ a foreigner in PRC without compliance of the regulations of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange. Those regulations include employing a foreigner without a contract. It is illegal in the PRC for a foreigner to control or perform activities in the Education sector.

Do you support the British Columbia Ministry of Education operating above the law?

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Canadian International Educational Organization, the lowest pay school in Guangzhou

Go to another board -