TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.
Robert W.Knight - 2014-11-11
In response to Teaching the under-10 age group. (Beth)

Hi Beth

Thanks for the info., I am presently teaching a 7 year old Chinese student English. He knows some basic English, like A B C's and can count to 11 but has a hard time remembering to count to 20, without my help.

I am presently teaching him how to pronounce words, such as hen, dog, cat, net, pet and so on with pictures. Also, I am using flash cards and also, I am using a computer, so he can see the words, hear them pronounce the words and say the words. He hears, for example, og, as in dog but says doge, loge,froge, foge, I am trying to stop him from saying it that way but he sometimes forgets.

What can I do to stop him from making these errors.

He can remember most of them.

Where do I do go from here?, do I continue with reading the same words or introduce him to 4 letter words?, and also, what can I do about the counting to 20, can you help with this?

From reading all your post here, you seem to have a lot of experience, in teaching this age bracket.

Thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread
Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Beth -- 2014-11-09
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Robert W.Knight -- 2014-11-11
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Beth -- 2014-11-11
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Robert W.Knight -- 2014-11-12
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Beth -- 2014-11-12
Re: Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Fifi -- 2014-11-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.

Go to another board -