TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET
yu2fa3 - 2015-01-15

All my life I've worked for my money and have not accepted handouts from anybody.

I wish i could get some handouts but can't get any. We can't even get tax credit(think it;s called that)were refused- no housing benefits, although half the population of europe who live in the same town seem to get it, They jump off the boat and get it! i did get cavity wall insulation free from a government scheme for house owners if you have a house of a certain age. My neighbour gets housing benefit and takes 3 holidays a year, He parks his car at the airport ,would you believe it!? I can't even afford to park a pedicycle there. when we leave for China I will (carrying Esther in a sling) carry two cases plus rucksack on back as well as the girl, pull the cases 2 miles to board National Express coach.

When the wife came to UK, she was on a visa 'no recourse to public funds' Maybe I could have got housing benefit myself but after the British Border Agency poking into all my business when we were in China-they needed a caseful of personal documents, I'd had enough. I think people who aren't British get special dispensation to bring in others who also aren't British-all they need to produce is a supermarket receipt it seems.

Messages In This Thread
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-15
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Sludge -- 2015-01-16
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-16
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET

Go to another board -