TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re toxic testing industry
San Migs - 2015-01-17

And to the people who say, "it's easy to save on that salary", I say that's rubbish. If you want to just stay home every weekend, watch movies and eat noodles, maybe it's ok. If you want to eat steak and other Western foods ( not everyone likes Chinese ) or if you want to eat decent Chinese food in upmarket restaurants then a teaching salary won't go far. The same for those people who like to use taxis and go to bars on the weekends.

I know some who have saved and married chinese girls with only a teaching salary. I know of a fat middle aged brit in his mid 40s who has not been back to the UK for years, and has not made any pension plans or future savings plans. He just lives with his chinese wife in guangdong and never wants to go back to the UK. And no I do not mean CL, he is near Guangzhou and his wife is from central china. He won't eat western food as it is expensive, and his chinese wife got them a mortgage on an expensive apartment. Last I heard he needed his criminal record check to solve a visa problem, but was still unwilling to return back to the UK. If you are single it is possible to save, and perhaps do some business, if you are married with a chinese wife with no resources, then more difficult. There are many foreigners who just do not care. His wife wants to go to the UK, he wants to stay, that will be a thorn in the side for him later on. She may well leave him.

Messages In This Thread
Re toxic testing industry -- San Migs -- 2015-01-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re toxic testing industry

Go to another board -