TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET
Beth - 2015-01-19

Just a couple of points with this.

1:

you did say in one very recent post that it was fine to attack people on here. Not much fun for those on the receiving end is it
This I find quite extraordinary to pick Yufa up for, when you consider the horrific bullying and insulting posts that have been aimed my way by the likes of Turnoi, SB, SM and others in the past, simply for having a different (sic:more) experience in the world of education than they did. The insistence that I am either a man, a militant feminist, unattractive, old and a whole host of made up cliquey insults that at no point have you mentioned. I personally feel it is fine to 'attack' those posters, but I reserve those attacks for when they attempt to sully the profession I love with their idiotic attitude towards teaching, or their quite vile opinions about women and Asian people.

The 'attacks' I've seen Yufa (under his many aliases) make have been mainly in defence of Chinese women, using his targets own words against them. I may not agree with it myself, but I understand the desire to do so, especially so when for the most part it's their own views being used to lampoon.

2:

You even admitted in another post (to Beth, I think) that you couldn't contribute much - so why are you here?
If being able to contribute to teaching discussion was a condition of posting on this site, there would be maybe 3 posters left! You cannot ask this question of Yufa without also asking it of SB, SM, JoS and all the other aliases they use when they are here primarily to validate each others racist and misogynistic views under the veil of hating private schools (of which they have zero experience of).

Regarding the use of aliases, I have never used them; I originally started as LondonGirl, as I wanted to protect my privacy. After the insults and bile that came my way, the questioning of my identity and qualifications, I imparted some additional information to offer proof. Since then I have gone under my real name as the desire for anonymity was moot having had it stripped in order to counter the attacks you remained silent on (hence my finding of this post a little hypocritical). Upon my return (at another posters request) to the board, I attempted to remain anonymous again, but reverted to my real name within days. Please note, I do not want, need nor expect you to defend the attacks against me, my experience or my character; I am more than capable of doing so myself, especially against the towering intellect of the likes of SB, however I do find some lop-sidedness to highlighting that behavior in one whilst ignoring the worse behavior of others.

The culture of using aliases on this board is such that trusting what someone says and their agenda for saying is impossible for me, which is not conducive to constructive debate. I did suggest some time ago that registered usernames, linked to email addresses, should be used in order to keep track of posts and post count and would be very easy to implement... But surprise surprise, the usual suspects shot that idea down under the guise of 'free speech' because it would impede their ability to agree with themselves.

Messages In This Thread
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-19
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-19
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-21
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-21
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-23
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-23
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-24
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-24
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-25
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-25
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-26
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET

Go to another board -