TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET
San Migs - 2015-01-23

Halal meat is not Muslim food, it's just the same as non-halal meat except for in one the animal has it's throat cut and in the other it is either electrocuted, bolt gunned, bashed in the head or a combination of the three.

The daily fail is just scaremongering, feeding and profiting from the ignorance of middle England. Shame on you for perpetuating such tripe.

As a feminist I am very curious as to why you defend extremist/radical islam, which would deny you the lifestyle you lead and the rights you have, but that is a whole other post.

There is something about respecting the host culture. You don't see jewish people in the UK demanding kashrut law and kosher food,they keep that to themselves. When I lived in Israel and I had an Iranian Jewish (Sephardic ancestry) girlfriend, I respected her culture and diet, that is the sabbath and the food rules as such:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_and_meat_in_Jewish_law

Frustrating to me as an anglo saxon with some italian ancestry, but I accepted it, because it was her country and her culture. The thing is why should we accept the way they want to do things, but other minorities do not try to impose their ways upon us. Regardless of how you view it, we are under the threat of war, and the british egalitarian way of life is being destroyed for everyone, by the few. Students have the right to decide what meat they want to eat...it is not up to the uni bosses or politicians to kowtow to pressure by the few.

Messages In This Thread
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-19
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-19
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-21
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-21
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-22
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-23
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-23
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-24
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-24
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-25
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-25
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- San Migs -- 2015-01-26
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET -- Beth -- 2015-01-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET

Go to another board -