TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China
martin hainan - 2015-02-11
In response to Re English teachers in China (karine)

Karine, you twice mentioned friends in "their" companies. Their children. Their cars. Their money. Their companies? Native language speakers routinely write "their employers" or "my employer" unless they have equity in the company. You can use the inclusive genitive 'their' in groups that are non-financial in nature: country, family, village. I'm sorry I misunderstood your writing.

I suspect that by "suggestion Theoretical contribution and Managerial contribution" you are expressing your belief that by writing your study you must attempt to improve and benefit the industry and their employees that are the topic of your academic research. This perspective is a charming mixture of altruism, innocence and Chinese educational 宣 思想 - proper ideology. Good luck with that.

I'm currently doing some academic research on Walt Whitman. I merely hope that it will increase my own understanding of his work. Poisoned by a Western education, I find learning to be its own reward, in need of no further prescriptive justification.

Messages In This Thread
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-05
Re English teachers in China -- martin hainan -- 2015-02-05
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-11
Re English teachers in China -- martin hainan -- 2015-02-11
Re English teachers in China -- karine -- 2015-02-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China

Go to another board -