TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China
San Migs - 2015-02-12

Why should anyone, especially foreigners, work for less? It's only what losers would do. And we all know that there are many Western losers and criminals in Chinese ESL who do exactly that because they have nowhere else to go.

Yes, the chinese can afford to pay good salaries, but when a foreign academic cannot even get a library card, while his fellow chinese academic can, then it is time to leave. Not saying cunning linguist is a loser, he seems very highly educated. So I just do wonder why he chooses to settle in a communist country that stifles creativity and freedom of expression, but to each his own, he seems to have found his niche and enjoys his life.

I still maintain that if you got your qualifications as a fully qualified doctor,lawyer, or teacher in CL's case and beth's case, that you owe it to said country of origin to use your skills and talents there.Not in helping a communist country which sees us as the enemy, in CL's case, one reason I won't work in China anymore and would prefer to study/work elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread
Re English teachers in China -- San Migs -- 2015-02-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English teachers in China

Go to another board -