TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Erwai - Teachers Discussion
Libby - 2006-05-10

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with Beijing International Studies University or Erwai. I taught in the Continuing Department there in 2003 and never had any problems. I was given a very nice warm apartment which was cleaned for me and my classes were delightful to teach - the students were not moved around and my timetable stayed the same.
With regard to my salary, it was always on time and all other aspects of my contract were professional and adhered to. In fact, when I asked to break my contract owing to the SARS outbreak they were all very understanding. I found all the students and staff very helpful and friendly, and I think the department handling the foreign experts was often very busy.I'm not sure what the university is like now but I think in starting any job we need to go in with a positive expectation.

Messages In This Thread
Beware Beijing International Studies University - Teachers discussion -- teacher in china -- 2006-03-15
Re: Beware Beijing International Studies Universit -- wendy -- 2007-11-20
Erwai - Teachers Discussion -- Libby -- 2006-05-10
Erwai - The Continuing Studies Department - Teachers Discussion -- Misha -- 2006-08-01
Hmmm! - Teachers Discussion -- Ajarn -- 2006-08-01
still dodgy as ever... - Teachers Discussion -- ex-teacher in China -- 2006-08-02
Beware of Beijing Int. Studies Univ. - Teachers Discussion -- Alexander Henry -- 2007-03-29
Re: Beware of Beijing Int. Studies Univ. - Teacher -- wendy -- 2007-11-20
Tommy the nice guy - Teachers Discussion -- Laughable ! -- 2007-03-30
Beware Ewai,response to Laughable's! post - Teachers Discussion -- Alexander Henry -- 2007-03-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Erwai - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -