TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beijing vs Shanghai
Somebody - 2015-03-13

Well since you posted this biographical information yourself, I guess it's okay to comment on it.

I'm glad you see you're getting some press in the local rags.

You were born in 1950, presumably in the East German Saxony since your parents moved from there to Hanover in the West in 1958. You owe your name Muhammad to your father, who was "not exactly normal," further evidenced by that fact that your brother was named Jesus.

Strangely, nothing is mentioned of Estonia. Nothing is mentioned of being imprisoned under Soviet rule. One might think such things would be mentioned in such a biography. It would certainly make for good copy.

It also says you taught in Qing Dao. Didn't you you leave that post before you even set foot in a classroom? But I can put this aside as journalistic misrepresentation, which I am intimately familiar with.

Your given reasons for leaving China:

1. Yes, fresh air is important. I can relate to that.
2. Everyone spies on everyone else. Really? Seems to me no one much cares about what anyone else does here. Certainly us foreigners asre noticed, maybe even spied on a bit, but everyone on everyone else? A more than paranoid assertion. It ain't the Cultural Revolution anymore.

By the way, get some exercise. My 84 year old dad looks healthier than you.

Messages In This Thread
Re Beijing vs Shanghai -- Somebody -- 2015-03-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beijing vs Shanghai

Go to another board -