TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: a question of race for the GW's
San Migs - 2015-03-26
In response to Re re: a question of race for the GW's (White Chinese)

Some people in the West would not accept a non-White miss but the majority by far would have no problems with it.

Well you are right there, but yes generally, by and large most people would have no problems with it at all.

I have been living in China for nearly one decade

As had I. And how was I repaid, with a F*****G 14 day Visa to visit my girlfriend, get my remaining belongings and say goodbye. In the end I just went travelling to Guangxi and left all my remaining posessions behind and did not get to visit my girlfriend, OK, that is not your fault, but I still maintain...visas will get harder to get in China, I know I am right on this matter, how do I know, because I have met more foreigners who used to live in China, and are now unable to get back there, thats bleeding well how!!!!

I speak fluent Mandarin

As do I and can even read some. I am still considering Taiwan (the enemy of mainland china, so they think!) over mainland china.Xenophobia under jiping is getting worse, and a man who considers that north korean buffoon and a russian dictator friends, is not a country under whose rule I wish to reside.

I am one of the rare foreigners owning a 10 years residence card. I call China home

Some would call you a traitor for that, but I say fair play. You played the chinese at their own game and won,more power to you.But many cannot even get an effing tourist visa, let alone a Z visa, or that elusive residence card. Even bill gates was refused!!!!

but no Chinese will ever accept this fact, they say "China is not your home" or "You will go back to your country soon" and so on all the time.

No, they won't.Let's see how Macau, an SAR (so not fully part of china quite yet!) treats foreigners. In the news just recently, non-permanent residents are entitled to government handout of 5,400 patacas a month, so roughly the same in RMB. What welfare do non permanent residents get in the mainland, well, us old china hands all know the answer to that one?So all this waffle that FT's are better off than chinese is utter nonsense, no permanent visa, no welfare, no double salary bonus at chinese new year, no car/house if you sign a contract. They may earn less each month, but they get more by going through the "hou men" and dinners and gifts and perks and playing the stock market and tutoring outside their stable government teaching job etc etc

I own 4 training centers, 2 apartments and one house in this country. More than most of every Chinese.

I'd wager you came to China with your own money. Sounds expensive to me.

Either way good luck. I know I come across quite bitter, but I am done with the place. No commie government is going to dictate to or hold me any longer. good luck in china with your family.

Messages In This Thread
re: a question of race for the GW's -- San Migs -- 2015-03-23
Re re: a question of race for the GW's -- Dragonized -- 2015-03-28
Re re: a question of race for the GW's -- White Chinese -- 2015-03-25
Re re: a question of race for the GW's -- yu2fa3 - tuscan -- 2015-03-26
Re re: a question of race for the GW's -- San Migs -- 2015-03-26
Re re: a question of race for the GW's -- San Migs -- 2015-03-27
To Cunning Linguist: Is it THAT bad? -- Curious -- 2015-03-27
Re To Cunning Linguist: Is it THAT bad? -- yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-27
Re re: a question of race for the GW's -- San Migs -- 2015-03-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: a question of race for the GW's

Go to another board -