TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: interesting article on vice about disney
Whatever - 2015-04-12

You don't get any respect as an oral English teacher in China, both students and the staff despise Foreign Teachers, not only in training centers but also at schools.

Usually, the richer your students, the more disrespectful they are of your class, your work and you. In China people with enough money can simply pay to pass or buy their degree, they don't give a f*ck about education and especially about Foreign Teachers who are expected to be funny or allow the students to do other things during their class. Any attempt to teach will be met with "idontgiveafuck-ism" and any attempt to enforce authority will result in the FT being blamed by the managers since the students paid and the customer is king.

No one gives a damn about education in China, the only places where you will find motivated students (not always true) are public schools and universities.

Now the question is whether or not should foreign teachers give a fuck, I know some who don't prepare anything, go to class, sit at the teacher's desk and tell the students that they can do their homework as long they keep quiet, some students come and chat, most sleep or do their homework, it's a win-win situation since the students don't give a damn about FT's classes anyway, no student ever complained to the head teacher.

I might start doing this since most classes that I teach couldn't care less about my lessons, why even bother.

Messages In This Thread
re: interesting article on vice about disney -- San Migs -- 2015-04-08
Re re: interesting article on vice about disney -- Whatever -- 2015-04-12
Re re: interesting article on vice about disney -- San Migs -- 2015-04-12
Re re: interesting article on vice about disney -- martin hainan -- 2015-04-12
Re re: interesting article on vice about disney -- David Dilley (was yu2fa3) -- 2015-04-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: interesting article on vice about disney

Go to another board -