TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re New Mandate China
David Dilley (was yu2fa3) - 2015-04-14

I think you would have a problem! If you look at a residence permit, the penultimate line has the heading (on the left) "Issued at" and then in Chinese characters is added, first the province, and then the city. It is not like the Chinese Hukou which designates where people are born or were raised but allows them to offer their migrant labour elsewhere (without the benefits).

Now don't upset them who like to quote the bard ,CL hahaha!

We have been given the opportunity of renting a flat overlooking Green Lake, Kunming (which is normally let to FT's) I know the flat; the disadvantages are that you have to stand astride the floor-level Armitage Shanks to take a shower and the flat is on the fifth floor. On the bright side it seems I have been forgiven dropping a concrete manhole cover into a sceptic-type tank many years ago, and they had to get a new one cast. Also I have been forgiven dropping a tube of silicon complete with applicator on a passer-by whilst sealing in the kitchen sink. Hardly my fault that Chinese kitchens are often situated on the balcony, and if you remove the sink the hole overlooks the ground outside where people walk.

I thought we could just go to Kunming when we get our Q visas and apply for the RP from there. Any flaws in that? Not that it is all guaranteed to happen yet.

Messages In This Thread
Re New Mandate China -- David Dilley (was yu2fa3) -- 2015-04-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re New Mandate China

Go to another board -