TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion
Mike - 2006-05-23

Hello-
I am writing this to all who might consider working in Taichung, there are several schools that are good, however several that are not. I am working at the Joy English School located at 308 Chung San Rd, Sec 1, Wur Hsiang 414. This school is envolved with several legal scams, firstly they make you sign two contracts one which states the money you actually make, and the other they file with the government, it shows that you make 50% less, so that they get a tax break they file the second contract but not the actual contract. Also, they hold documents including Passports (a felony in the USA, South Africa and Canada, to withhold passports, as they are property of the country not the bearer), College or University Diplomas and or ARC cards to leverage teachers, into working for less money on scheduled days off, and to keep the teacher from leaving or seeking legal action against the school. They also, request teachers to work a 7 day work week and even though you sign a contract with contracted hours they make you punch in and out and count the hours, and actually pay less if your hours are under that of the contract. I strongly recomend as the school is involved in illegal activities that any persons who see an ad for this school steer clear and save yourself a severe headache of a situation which I am currently up to my neck in.

Messages In This Thread
Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion -- Mike -- 2006-05-23
Re Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion -- American teacher -- 2015-12-29
Joy Language school - Teachers Discussion -- ? -- 2006-05-24
Make a Stand! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-24
Yes! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-24
What being gutless will get you - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-24
places to post neg specifics? - Teachers Discussion -- emmaryan -- 2006-05-27
There are places to post... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-28
You're right - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
The bosses know you are weak and like it. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-25
I Just Hate This... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -