TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What being gutless will get you - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U - 2006-05-24
In response to Make a Stand! - Teachers Discussion (Yingwen Laoshi)

According to some I see here from time to time, teachers are supposed to sit back and take abuse from schools, directors, and even recruiters. These guys love to pidgeonhole "complainers" into the category of 'didn't do his homework'. Sure, some people don't research enough. But there is such a thing as a LIAR in the real world. How does one defend himself against liars? Reading history, that's how. Lots of history can be read right here, and although it may be too negative for the sensibilites of some, it is very useful for us who are looking to better ourselves in TESOL and want to avoid the minefields of lies.

Sadly, most TESOL teachers have no backbone. They put up with all sorts of abuse, meaning guys like me will have a tougher time with this TESOL thing. They also keep their bad experiences to themselves, meaning I will be more in the dark when it comes time to change jobs. This is just another reason I'm getting out. TESOL teachers don't care enough about each other to tip their brethren off about the minefields.

Messages In This Thread
Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion -- Mike -- 2006-05-23
Re Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion -- American teacher -- 2015-12-29
Joy Language school - Teachers Discussion -- ? -- 2006-05-24
Make a Stand! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-24
Yes! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-24
What being gutless will get you - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-24
places to post neg specifics? - Teachers Discussion -- emmaryan -- 2006-05-27
There are places to post... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-28
You're right - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
The bosses know you are weak and like it. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-25
I Just Hate This... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What being gutless will get you - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -