TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I Just Hate This... - Teachers Discussion
Raoul Duke - 2006-05-25
In response to The bosses know you are weak and like it. - Teachers Discussion (Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed.)

You've hit on a major sore point with me. This would be teachers who get hit by demands that they accept massive increases to their teaching schedules, coming with little or no change in compensation...and the teachers....DO IT!

It's often a close companion to the teachers who take all kinds of insane demands because they "care about their students".

KIDS! If you are wronged or ripped off, I'll be the first down here banging my sword on the barricade with you. But if you get wronged or ripped off because you're too spineless or silly to get the facts or to stand up for yourself, then there's nothing anyone can do to help you. On your own head be your fate in such a case.

The fact that you're in a strange new country does NOT mean that you are subject to such obvious abuses as working without compensation. Please, for your own sake and those of the rest of us: get a grip!

Though they may plead poverty, at many schools they don't make adequate investments in staff and infrastructure simply because this would mean reducing their own personal profits. If the school's admin doesn't care enough to reduce their own profits, then why should you?

Please. Stand up for yourself with these people!

Raoul

Messages In This Thread
Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion -- Mike -- 2006-05-23
Re Beware of Joy Cram School in Taichung Taiwan - Teachers Discussion -- American teacher -- 2015-12-29
Joy Language school - Teachers Discussion -- ? -- 2006-05-24
Make a Stand! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-05-24
Yes! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-24
What being gutless will get you - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-05-24
places to post neg specifics? - Teachers Discussion -- emmaryan -- 2006-05-27
There are places to post... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-28
You're right - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-05-28
The bosses know you are weak and like it. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-25
I Just Hate This... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-05-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I Just Hate This... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -