TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China: degree AND 2, or degree THEN 2?
SG - 2015-07-29

I'm asking about 'Z' Visa requirements for China:

“The autumn 2014 regulations break down as follows: Language teachers must have a bachelor’s degree AND at least two years’ relevant work experience.”

It reads to me that the requirements for language teachers are: ‘a AND b’, but they are not sequential ‘a THEN b’.

I didn’t believe that the sequence mattered, but a recruiter – posing as a government vocational school’s in-house human resources recruiter – claimed recently that I can’t work in China on a Z visa because my experience in ESL experience is not post-degree. Context: I suspect that he was a bit upset, as I had just asked him why he didn't use his e-mail address/account on the school's servers, but instead some "Luke@yeah.net" e-mail account.

Is this true? It doesn’t sound plausible, but he may be right. Must at least two years’ experience be post-degree?

Are some authorities in China interpreting this rule as: ‘Degree FOLLOWED BY two years of teaching experience? [a THEN b]??

---> All of my four years’ ESL teaching was actually done BEFORE I obtained my degree.

What do you say? Am I eligible for a Z Visa, or not? Any advice or informed opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
China: degree AND 2, or degree THEN 2? -- SG -- 2015-07-29
Re China: degree AND 2, or degree THEN 2? -- martin hainan -- 2015-07-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China: degree AND 2, or degree THEN 2?

Go to another board -