TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-06

I think I just figured it out last night after Condalisa Rice's latest response. (Sorry, don't know how to spell her name.)
Iran is behaving very logically. They are in the nutcracker between Afghanistan and Iraq and naturally feeling threatened. What do they do???? build a bomb for defence but lie about it.

If they do this quietly they might get hit quietly so they announce everything with bravado on the world stage. Seems to me that was a smart thing to do, but it shows weakness. I'm betting they'll compromise while talking tough to their own media/citizens. Put on a nice show.

The squeeze for oil is on. Everyday is more of the same on TV. $72 a barrel. Am I going to buy a car? No.

Personally I think Bush failed to grasp the moment. He could have flown to Tehran and put his arm around their president and shocked the whole world with his speech of World brotherhood and Sisterhood. He could have closed the 30 year wound between America and Iran. He could have announced 10,000 university scholarships for Iranian students in America. He doesn't have it in him. Pity. If a nobody went to Iran it would anybody listen? John Lennon we really need you back here.

Messages In This Thread
Iran -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
Capitalism loves war. Capitalism NEEDS war. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-07
An all-too-apparent antagonism - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-08
The US elites want the illegals gone - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-09
Iran A'gin - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-07
Iran Comes Back into the Fold. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-10
He sounds like a politician to me. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-10
Republican Pre-election Strategy - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-11
I don't even pay attention to that anymore -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-12
The young Iranians like the west. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-08

Go to another board -