TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Iran A'gin - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-07
In response to Capitalism loves war. Capitalism NEEDS war. - Teachers Discussion (Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U)

I want to hear more of posts like this. One thing the overseas (ESL) worker has is a more authentic perspective. It is priceless. I'll say it again. It is priceless. Folks back home really do not have the picture on focus. The Foreign Service (consulate and Embassey crowd) also have the authentic experience of overseas worklife but they are reined in and could never openly post on websites like this.

About Iran. In university in the 70s I had a friend who was Iranian. His father was an MD and general under the Shaw. Monied. I guess he became a refugee when the Iranian revolution took hold. Since then my cousin married a Canadian Iranian who is too young to have been around at the time of the revolution. She's so good to me and her family. I made a new friend on-line from Terhan and am always struck how balanced his world views are. Recently I met a family of expat Iranians in Yunnan China who, because they were of the Bahai faith, had their home and business confiscasted during the revolution. All in all I have been very impressed with the small sample of Iranians I know. There is no way we should be in conflict with these lovely cultured people.

Messages In This Thread
Iran -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-06
Capitalism loves war. Capitalism NEEDS war. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-07
An all-too-apparent antagonism - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-08
The US elites want the illegals gone - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-09
Iran A'gin - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-07
Iran Comes Back into the Fold. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-10
He sounds like a politician to me. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-10
Republican Pre-election Strategy - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-11
I don't even pay attention to that anymore -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-12
The young Iranians like the west. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Iran A'gin - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -