TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › BISU - Teachers Discussion
Peter Cassidy - 2006-06-19

I can indeed offer some advice. Don't bother!

I am one of 30 or so foreign teachers who have worked at Beijing International Studies University (BISU), AKA Er Wai, AKA Beijing Di Er Wai Guo Yu Xue Yuan, AKA Beijing Second Foreign Languages School since Sep 2005.

Virtually all of us are leaving over one grievance or another with the institute's needlessly stubborn and unreasonable foreign affairs department.

The main complaint is that no one is allowed to have visitors after 11pm. Only "direct family" can stay, and that, apparently, means grandparents, parents, spouses and children.

They're trying to stick me out of my return airfare. I was already in China when I began the contract. I now want to use my return airfare to go home for the summer then return to Beijing to work at a different school. They're trying to say you can only claim the airfare at the beginning of the year. They're also trying to claim that's what the contract says. It doens't.

Maybe my complaints are common but I don't think that's a reason to have to put up with them. They routinely lie, claiming the above mentioned rules relating to visitors are standard. That is BS. There have been many complaints from others. Many. My advice, give this place a miss unless you like having stomach ulcers.

hope this helps

Messages In This Thread
Beijing International Studies University - ESL discussion -- Halla Mohieddeen -- 2005-06-01
BISU - Teachers Discussion -- Peter Cassidy -- 2006-06-19
Peter they behaved illegally I am guessing - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day -- 2006-06-20
They Can Do That... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-28
Too late to fight but not to inform - Teachers Discussion -- Peter Cassidy -- 2006-06-20
Thanks for the advice - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › BISU - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -