TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Would I even apply at your school, Robin Day, B.Sc.?
Rheno747 - 2006-06-23
In response to I would not hire you Rheno. - Teachers Discussion (Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed.)

The question is would I apply at your school in the first place? It depends on the ages of your learners/"customers".

I'll say I agree 100% with you when you say that any lame-### thieves taking advantage of a school director like that should be brought to justice. Like you, I hope those dolts you speak of in your post do get taken down at the airport.

But what about the dolt directors who've reamed teachers? Do they get busted somewhere? They should. If I found myself working for one of these cats (and I HAVE), I'd definitely do a runner on his ### (and I DID). I wouldn't steal from him outright, I'd just disappear into the night (just like I did).

Also, if I'm dissatified with my job after a few months, I'm gonna start looking for a new one, contract or no contract. If I find it, well.....guess what? There's no way I'll let a great job or even a better job escape me if I want out. There are times and places for doing "the runner". My point is don't let someone convince you that it's "bad" to run in those instances.

As far as clowing goes, I've learned my lesson, thanks to my Korean Hogwan job. This was a job where I worked for a mere week. In that week I learned I don't have the patience to teach young kids. But I'm not really talking about teaching young kids when I say clown techniques are merely a last-ditch, band-aid to keep bored learners "stable" in a class for 50 minutes. I'm talking about being "required" to play the bozo role when you are teaching young adults. These "kids" are old enough to know better. They should be mature enough to know that sometimes in life, one must do "boring" things to get what he wants. If TESOL students aren't willing to do those boring things we all have to do from time to time, they should simply exit our classrooms, never to return.

So. If you have young kids at your hypothetical school, or your school is full of immature learners who need "fun and games" to keep themselves from falling asleep, I'll say you won't be hiring me. This is because I won't be applying at your school in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
Three of the big, annoying mindsets I must fight in TESOL - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-22
To do or not to do a runner. - Teachers Discussion -- bob the aging loner -- 2006-06-24
Running... for our sanity! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-01
Agreed, Bob. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-25
I would not hire you Rheno. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-22
Would I even apply at your school, Robin Day, B.Sc.? -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-23
I agree with Rheno's clarification - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day -- 2006-06-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Would I even apply at your school, Robin Day, B.Sc.?

Go to another board -