TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Stop Moaning !
Paul Fox - 2016-02-19

So China is NOT our country - right?

Yep it certainly isn’t.....and I am so HAPPY

China has many faults (as most of us know) Western men are stereotyped insofar as we want to sleep with as many Chinese women in the shortest possible time, or we are super-rich, a ‘green-card’ out of China etc etc.

Chinese authorities seem to make it harder and harder each year for westerners to come here to work (despite there being a screaming shortage of ESL teachers) and sometimes China can be a very frustrating place

But often we either don’t KNOW what to expect when we arrive in China, or we are so self-centred that we expect everything to be the same as it is ‘back home’

Recently I went into a bar in Jiangsu and a Chinese guy (a little drunk) walked over and we had a very short conversation - as follows -
‘I hate western countries’
‘Why?’
‘Because you are so FREE!”
‘Freedom?’...............Don’t make me laugh !!!!!

In China, cafes and bars close when the last customer leaves or is thrown out for being too drunk. In the west, customers are kicked out at ‘closing time’ because the authorities say that they cannot be served a nanosecond after the clock strikes.......

I don’t see fat, spotty 18-year-old McDonald retirees joining the fun-police and patrolling beaches all day to make sure no-one has more than one bottle of wine. (Perth, Australia)

I don’t see these drop-kicks outside the doors of the international airport waiting for the weary traveller who has just flown halfway round the world to light up a duty-free Marlbro within 50 metres of the exit.

I don’t see 6-foot tall coppers hiding behind a tree with a speed gun waiting to catch a motorist doing 1kph over the limit.

I don’t see multanova speed cameras on long, straight stretches of country highways waiting to flash the speeding motorist in the interests of ‘safety’

I don’t hear about policemen being paid a bonus for the number of fines they issue each day and I don’t see people being arrested for checking the time on their mobile phone while they are sitting at red traffic lights

When I turn on the TV I don’t see one political party leader doing his best to discredit another party leader because he tried a bit of marijuana when he was 16 or got a blow-job from the village bike at his 21st birthday party.

I don’t see the so-called ‘luxuries’ of the working man (beer and cigarettes) taxed to the hilt so that he cannot afford to relax at home in peace and quiet before he goes to bed

I don’t see the price of petrol going through the roof in order to pay for the ravenous expense accounts of government bureaucrats

What I see are hard-working people going about their everyday lives and doing their best to provide for themselves and their family...... without interruption from the ‘PC Brigade’ who try to convince us they are doing us all a favour by intruding on our lives

The crazy thing is...........our forefathers FOUGHT for this ‘freedom’

It just becomes a way-of-life and we just accept it as being the ‘norm’

The political correctness brigade has gone way too far. While the original intent of political correctness may have been good, by way of encouraging tact and sensitivity to others' feelings around issues of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities etc, the effect of political correctness has made everyone avoid these topics altogether, thus hindering our ability to feel comfortable living and working with those who are different from us. It's gone so far that political correctness has become a bigger problem than the issues it was intended to address.

Recently, a guy from Fort Gay in America was banned by Microsoft when he tried to register his X-box online. Microsoft said that the word ‘gay’ was not acceptable under any circumstances.

People who dressed up as Santa Claus in Australia were told to say ‘Ha ha ha’ to children rather than the more traditional ‘Ho ho ho’ because ‘Ho ho ho’ sounds too much like the American (not Australian) word for ‘hooker’

In Britain, the kids’ nursery rhyme ‘Baa Baa Black Sheep’ has been officially changed to ‘Baa Baa Little Sheep’ and someone actually tried to outlaw the words ‘master’ and ‘slave’ from computer hard-drive labels.

The word ‘manhole’ has been changed to ‘utility hole’ and ‘brainstorming’ has been changed to ‘thought showers’ so as not to ‘offend’ epileptics

A UK Job Centre refused an advert from a recruiter because they asked for ‘reliable, hardworking people’ - the refusal came because it may cause ‘offence’ to lazy unreliable people.

The classic British dessert ‘spotted dick’ is now known as ‘spotted Richard’ and Christmas trees are now called ‘holiday trees’ so as not to ‘offend’ a non-Christian
Political correctness hasn’t just gone mad - it’s become destructive in the west and it’s killing us

So for me, if this is ‘freedom’ then I’ll sooner live in a ‘red flag’ country for the rest of my life rather than have 18-year-old spotty fat kids tell me where and when I can enjoy myself

And what about Europe? All bananas must be straight and all apples must be the same size, colour and shape - who thought that was a good idea? Bureaucratic monkeys !

Greenpeace are actually PROUD of the fact they stop FREE GM food from reaching starving people in Africa

Freedom???.......Don’t make me laugh !

A robber in America broke into a house while the family were on holiday. He ended up in the garage and he couldn’t get out because the door was jammed shut. He was in the garage for a total of 8 days and survived on dog food and coca cola. After the family returned from holiday, the robber successfully sued them for USD$500,000 for ‘unlawful imprisonment’

An American woman successfully sued a supermarket because she tripped over a small child. The child was her OWN !

.......and finally........another American woman slipped on on a wet floor in a restaurant and broke her ankle. She sued the restaurant and won $200,000.

Why was the floor wet? 30 seconds before she slipped, she threw a drink over her boyfriend during an argument!

So before you bemoan the ‘bad things’ about China, ask yourself why are you here and what have you left behind?

Messages In This Thread
Stop Moaning ! -- Paul Fox -- 2016-02-19
Re Stop Moaning ! -- Caring -- 2016-02-22
Re Stop Moaning ! -- Max Walsh -- 2016-02-22
Re Not Moaning ! -- Chuckling -- 2016-02-22
Re Not Moaning ! -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-24
Re Not Moaning ! -- Chuckling -- 2016-02-24
Re Not Moaning ! -- Max Walsh -- 2016-02-23
Re Not Moaning ! -- San Migs -- 2016-02-23
Re Not Moaning ! -- Chuckling -- 2016-02-23
Re Not Moaning ! -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-23
Re Not Moaning ! -- San Migs -- 2016-02-23
Re Not Moaning ! -- Max Walsh -- 2016-02-24
Re Not Moaning ! -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-24
Re Not Moaning ! -- Max Walsh -- 2016-02-25
Re Not Moaning ! -- San Migs -- 2016-02-24
Re Not Moaning ! -- Max Walsh -- 2016-02-25
Re Stop Moaning ! -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-22
Re Stop Moaning ! -- Sharp -- 2016-02-20
Re Stop Moaning ! -- Paul Fox -- 2016-02-21
Re Stop Moaning ! -- John O'Shei -- 2016-02-19
Re Stop Moaning ! -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-20
Re Stop Moaning ! -- John O'Shei -- 2016-02-20
Re Stop Moaning ! -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Stop Moaning !

Go to another board -