TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Maybe not... - Teachers Discussion
Cian - 2006-07-13
In response to You were right! - Teachers Discussion (Raoul Duke)

I can't be sure that it IS a definite bad sign. Last year, the Jiangsu MoE ran a pilot program looking for new, inexperienced prospective teachers to enroll on a month long TESOL course, with 8 hours hands-on classroom experience provided to them for free. It's possible that they're not trying to "fool" anyone. Maybe the reason that they are encouraging "greenies" is that they just want to get some new blood into Nanjing, and let the experienced teachers fend for themselves. My understanding is that upon completion of the TESOL course, the Jiangsu MoE contacted a number of schools and informed them that they had 10 newly qualified "teachers" (it has been mentioned in a previous post that a cert by no means qualifies someone to teach and I wholeheartedly agree) and left it up to the schools to decide who they want (if any).
My guess is that the Jiangsu MoE hasn't filled up all their places for their TESOL course yet, and are just putting enquiries from experienced teachers like Frank to one side for the time being, although this kind of behaviour could seem a little bit disconcerting, to say the least.

Messages In This Thread
Job Placement Services - Teachers Discussion -- Amanda Frankel -- 2006-07-10
It's not really a recruiting agency but... - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-12
If it quacks like a duck... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-12
My two encounters with Jiangsu Ministry of Education - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-12
You were right! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-13
Maybe not... - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-13
Don't use them in China! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke D.U.I., B.L.T., L.S.D., RUN.DMC -- 2006-07-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Maybe not... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -