TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › teaching in China/Korea? - Teachers Discussion
Tom - 2006-07-15

I have some questions if anyone would be willing to help with info. I keep seeing all these ads on Craigs List here in Portland, where I live, about teaching in China or Korea. They make it sound great. There is one today for China that sounds great, offers a free apartment, free air tickets, some travel expenses paid for winter holiday, some meals covered, etc. Are these offers on the up and up? The ads do not give the names of the schools.
Also, I am wondering if I would be okay in China or Korea? For one thing, I am gay. Now, I would not walk around advertising this, but I'm sure any western coworkers would be able to tell and I might at some point, want to date or go to a bar, if that's even a possibility.
Also, I am a mid-life career changer so not the typical twenty-something age, though I do have a youthful personality and don't mind running around with younger people.
Does anyone have any thoughts? info? anything to offer? Thanks very much!

Messages In This Thread
teaching in China/Korea? - Teachers Discussion -- Tom -- 2006-07-15
perks in china....in reponse to tom - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- mj -- 2006-07-16
Swampy Ground - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-15
A Job Evaluation Checklist - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-15
Will advise privately, OK? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › teaching in China/Korea? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -