TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China?
paul fox - 2016-03-11

@lurker

Just as an 'add-on' to my previous comment in this thread, you could try dating sites. Now before you say 'no way Jose...' there's a couple that I have had a lot of (how shall we say...) 'success' with, when it comes to meeting women.

As someone said before, it (kind-of) depends on what you are looking for - companionship, casual sex, long-term relationship etc - but who knows what will happen?

One of my colleagues, (a 25-ish, rather handsome, ripped, 'dude') started out looking for a casual relationship, but ended up falling in love with someone (who's not Chinese by the way) and they just got engaged - and he's been in China for about 18 months

Perhaps the moderators here won't allow me to recommend any dating sites to you nor suggest any, but if you choose to go down this 'road' then I am sure they will allow me to tell you what TYPE of site to AVOID......

There are essentially 2 kinds of Chinese-Western (cross-cultural) Dating Sites....

1) There are the ones where you pay money to buy 'points'. Each time you write to a 'girl' you are deducted points and when 'she' writes back to you, you are deducted more points. Needless to say that your points (and your money) are gone rather quickly......

2) The second type (and the type I would recommend you try), is where you simply pay an annual subscription (USD$70 or so) and you get access to all the girls/women members, and can write to them (and they to you). as freely and as often as you like.

There's two that I have in mind and if you want to give either of them a try, then let me know and I'll post them here and hope the moderators allow it

I have been blogging on one of them for several years, (so let's just say that I have some 'experience'), and I'm happy to help a fellow 'laowai' if I can.

But for now, perhaps the BEST piece of advice I can give you is this......

How often do you find money in the street? You know......just lying there on the road?.....Answer = seldom, but it DOES happen occasionally

Would you find money in the street if you went LOOKING for it? - Answer = Probably not!

So stop LOOKING for 'money' and wait until you just stumble across it............it, (she) is there somewhere.....waiting for you to find it, (her)

2 months is NOTHING................'chillax' dooooooode !

Messages In This Thread
can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- lurker -- 2016-03-10
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- Married to a big brain -- 2016-03-13
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- searching -- 2016-03-13
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- paul fox -- 2016-03-11
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- John O'Shei -- 2016-03-10
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- San Migs -- 2016-03-11
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- Hahaha -- 2016-03-13
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- Caring -- 2016-03-10
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- John O'Shei -- 2016-03-11
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- martin hainan -- 2016-03-10
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- paul fox -- 2016-03-11
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- John O'Shei -- 2016-03-12
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- paul fox -- 2016-03-13
Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China? -- San Migs -- 2016-03-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re can a poor foreigner find a girlfriend in China?

Go to another board -