TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re advice needed
MickL - 2016-04-16
In response to advice needed (AussieJay)

I just happened to see this thread while looking for something else.

In a nutshell, it appears that it does and will show up now.

Long story short, I left my job in China in February largely because of untenable working conditions and simply packed up and went home after sending a text and a cursory email saying I am leaving while I was at the airport already with my boarding pass in hand. I never received a reply to either.

I applied for a new job in early March, this new job being in Xi'an. I was in Hebei previously.

I had received a new passport because my previous one was almost full so I just applied as though I had never been to China before and missed out the previous job on my CV.

About 10 days later I got an email similar to that posted by another poster in this thread saying that the Foreign Experts Bureau have detected me to be already in their database and need to check something. Obviously I had a good idea what it was. The FAO then called me on Skype and said that they have connected two records together and as I am still on the books of another school I need to get them to cancel things. He was also quite pissed off that I had wasted his time and not told him.

My old school still until this day have not cancelled anything, my old RP and FEC are still active and I am literally in limboland until both are cancelled. I cannot apply anywhere else. I tried emailing my old school but they are not replying.

These documents don't expire until October and therefore I don't know what to do short of going back to China on the hope I will be admitted on this RP and knocking on their door.

I firmly believe that everything is much more linked these days. My advice is first hand, get your release letters sorted or you will be screwed.

Messages In This Thread
advice needed -- AussieJay -- 2016-03-29
Re advice needed -- MickL -- 2016-04-16
Re advice needed -- Mr Aussie -- 2016-03-30
Re advice needed -- Bleh Blah -- 2016-03-30
Re advice needed -- avatar -- 2016-03-31
Re advice needed -- San Migs -- 2016-03-31
Australian Ethics -- amused -- 2016-03-29
Re advice needed -- Lawrence -- 2016-03-29
Re advice needed -- San Migs -- 2016-03-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re advice needed

Go to another board -