TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re NYT article: "China Close to Passing Strict Law on Foreign Groups"
martin hainan - 2016-05-01

The mission statements and efforts of most NGOs are laudable. Blaming China for closely examining NGO activity is misguided.

What is incredibly evil is a government's decision to use NGOs as a vehicle to infiltrate foreign governments, putting the good work and reputation of the NGO at risk for nefarious military purpose.

As I have written here before, I have personal knowledge (my brother-in-law) who was a CIA agent who worked for the Taipei U.S. embassy and the Seoul Chamber of Commerce. He was subsequently denied entry into the PRC as an NGO director.

I am also aware of an active senior employee (University schoolmate and China Society co-member) of a major Western newspaper in HK who has CIA affiliation.

Messages In This Thread
Re NYT article: "China Close to Passing Strict Law on Foreign Groups" -- martin hainan -- 2016-05-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re NYT article: "China Close to Passing Strict Law on Foreign Groups"

Go to another board -