TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training?
PhD teacher - 2016-06-07

Oh yes, true. Written language differs from spoken language in a number of significant respects. Chinese, for example, uses a number of grammatical structures in written language only that would never be heard in spoken language, for example certain structures with 所 suǒ that would translate into English as a type of relative clause (there are no relative clauses in Chinese; structural attributives are preceeding the modified noun are used instead - relative clauses in English and other languages follow the modified noun).

Well pointed out ,Turnoi. Stuff like this is the nearest we are going to get to it, do you think? I'm no expert you understand, so please don't blow me out of the water. By the way, do you think that some of us are a bit too free and loose with English these days- notice I said "stuff like"

Ni neng gei wo wo zao shang gei ni de na zhi bi ma ? 你能给我我早上给你的那个笔吗?

Messages In This Thread
Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training? -- PhD teacher -- 2016-06-07
Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training? -- paul fox -- 2016-06-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training?

Go to another board -