TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal
paul fox - 2016-06-15

Let me play devil's advocate for a moment. Hundreds, if not thousands, of western companies have set up factories in China in order to take advantage of the cheaper workforce etc.

Workers are trained well and soon become skilled in making products for these western 'manufacturers'. So isn't it almost natural to expect these same people to end up making copies? After all, they are using the same materials and the same processes as with the originals, so I guess the only way they can be called 'fake' is because they don't have the endorsement of the original company.

I don't know about you, but I used to have hundreds of 'copy' dvd's that I would regularly stock up on when I visited certain countries on annual holidays.

In fact, I even used to take an empty suitcase with me so that I could fill it up with all kinds of clothes etc - all 'fakes' - but I wasn't complaining. The money I would save, compared to buying originals, was probably enough to cover the cost of my holiday.

Often it's the 'NIMBY' attitude that prevails, (Not In My Back Yard). In other words, we complain about it when it suits us, but are happy to save a few quid by buying fakes ourselves.

It is what it is, I guess.

Messages In This Thread
Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- Caring -- 2016-06-14
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- paul fox -- 2016-06-15
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- Caring -- 2016-06-15
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- Caring -- 2016-06-16
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- guest -- 2016-06-14
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- caring -- 2016-06-15
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- paul fox -- 2016-06-14
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- caring -- 2016-06-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal

Go to another board -