TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal
Caring - 2016-06-15

So, it's about the 10 bucks vs hundreds of millions in investments on public offering (In Your Back Yard). The 10 bucks truly add up to the hundreds of millions, and then they literally multiply through legal means. Really, this isn't a copycat but a promoter of all copycats. Using the public money, he does it through our channels.

People, who buy conterfeit products knowingly, may not regret their purchases as much as the ones who are deceived. Then, folks that want to make a quick return on their investments aren't the ones that believe in the stock market, laws or the economy. I guess it comes down to which attitudes should be encouraged and which ones suppressed. But, yes, we could leave it up to the future "Jack Ma Copycats" to decide and let the global economy roll.

Often it's the 'NIMBY' attitude that prevails, (Not In My Back Yard). In other words, we complain about it when it suits us, but are happy to save a few quid by buying fakes ourselves.

The world trade, international and domestic businesses are truly done to profit, to provide opportunities and keep domestic GDPs growing. All industries can benefit and so may the consumers. However this all seems great, the fact that some individual businesses may cross the line has hugely been overlooked in recent years. When China entered WTO and agreed on the rules of engagement, many entrepreneurs believed in the deals put forward. Thus, Chinese workers were prepared to produce goods and services they had not known about. The whole nation took advantage of the situation as facilities/machinery were abused to overproduce substandard merchandise, parts to assemble products were exchanged for poor local items, cheap labor force was used and local officials were corrupted in the process. The scale, at which the fake local industries took off, overwhelmed foreign entities and left them at a point of no return.

Perhaps many of those western manufacturers have profitted from their deals with China and maintained the overall image for their Chinese branches devided the production lines into the ones for export and for import. This has meant that the poorly produced pair of nike shoes with fake rubber/laces would stay home for local customers that do not, and cannot, complain. Moreover, this has provided the decentralized foreign enterprises with easy revenues that they needed to convince their shareholders with. What they may not have predicted is the level of disregard for foreign intellectual property rights that lead all the way to the highest office in the country and the local competition that would not only use their technology but also their actual material they've brought in.

Workers are trained well and soon become skilled in making products for these western 'manufacturers'. So isn't it almost natural to expect these same people to end up making copies? After all, they are using the same materials and the same processes as with the originals, so I guess the only way they can be called 'fake' is because they don't have the endorsement of the original company.

I don't know about you, but I used to have hundreds of 'copy' dvd's that I would regularly stock up on when I visited certain countries on annual holidays.

Messages In This Thread
Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- Caring -- 2016-06-14
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- paul fox -- 2016-06-15
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- Caring -- 2016-06-15
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- Caring -- 2016-06-16
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- guest -- 2016-06-14
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- caring -- 2016-06-15
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- paul fox -- 2016-06-14
Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal -- caring -- 2016-06-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Bragging Fake Jack Ma Alibaba a Criminal

Go to another board -