TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Cancelled lesson
Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-19

Your "dear" training centre should be aware that the topic of Western drinking habits, for example in the UK, should be included in cultural lessons of that calibre. What's more, you should have the TC owner test these drinking habits on himself, it's practical application of theory, and you have a good chance to win him over to British drinking habits....LOOOOOOL

I had three hours to spare between English Corner in the morning and IELTS after lunch, so I just had three bottles of Tsingtao. The owner returned early and swept me from the building steps and bought me coffee in some Dickensian styled coffee house.

The owner got bored with my English corner with its reference to pregnancy testing colour-coded cards and suggested in future I stick to just talking to the students.

The students fell asleep during IELTS lesson but they seemed happy enough. A parent asked me if her little cherub would pass the IELTS test (whatever that is) The cherub was the worst in the class so I replied that he was born to succeed.

Owner paid me 680 yuan for 4 hours teaching. Not sure where the 80 yuan came from, maybe to pay for my hotel bill. She phoned me on my way out of the city and thanked me for being so hard-working and to say that it was an honour to have me on the team.

I have a hyphen-free postscript. The owner confided that she hasn't yet made a profit in 4 years trading. She is confident I will help turn things around.

Messages In This Thread
Re Cancelled lesson -- Odd Bob Job -- 2016-06-19
Re Cancelled lesson -- paul fox -- 2016-06-19
Re Cancelled lesson -- Odd Bob Job -- 2016-06-20
Re Cancelled lesson -- paul fox -- 2016-06-20
Re Cancelled lesson -- paul fox -- 2016-06-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Cancelled lesson

Go to another board -