TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Advice needed for 1st time teacher in Beijing going for career+personal reasons
Robert Grant - 2016-07-09

Hi, I just found this website and hope some of you may be able to assist me.

My situation may be a little unique. In short I started dating a Chinese girl who came to Scotland for 3 months. She is back home now and I have just completed a 140 hour TEFL course to go over and start a new career+be with the woman I love!

So I'm really looking to go long term and settle down.

I have started looking for jobs the last few days and it's a little daunting to be honest, where to begin, who is reputable etc.

So far I have sent some emails about several jobs listed on tefl.org.uk as that is the site I used for my qualification. I have had some swift replies asking for my cv, skype details etc but I'm not sure who or where they are exactly. I have also had a quick browse of dave's eslcafe and when I search for Beijing 214 results come up which could take a while to sift through!

In your honest opinions what kind of jobs should I be going for and am I right in avoiding companies like English First, Meten, Language Link, Disney English etc?

Any help/feedback would be really appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Advice needed for 1st time teacher in Beijing going for career+personal reasons

Go to another board -