TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yubei Middle School Chongqing
Mr Reed - 2016-07-14

I have taught at many schools and YUBEI MIDDLE SCHOOL in Chongqing is by far the worst. .. So so bad

I literally flew into an ambush and landed in a situation that I flat refused to be in before signing the contract. Some of the highlights include:

• Refusing to assist me in finding an apartment, then pocketing my rent allowance
• Trying to force me into work when I phoned in sick (I don't drink) harassing me with text messages, insults and threats to fine me £280
• Refusing to give me assistance in visiting the dentist when I needed to and was in pain.
• Knocking on my door without prior warning. On one occasion the head teacher knocked on my door and demanded entry with two strangers, so I’ve suddenly got two strangers walking around my apartment pointing at my belongings and speaking Chinese.
• Late payment of salary. I very rarely received my salary on time – up to two weeks late.
• Any meetings with the leader were mistranslated by the head teacher making it impossible to communicate my problems to her boss.

One of the worst things was the accommodation under the boy’s dormitory. Cockroaches everywhere, unable to sleep with teenage boys above, and the internet in the school was so slow and subject to an extra firewall so I was unable to use a VPN so was unable to download TV for over 6 months!

Like I say, I’ve worked at many schools and so know the difference between the usual craziness of China, and an exceptionally poorly run school. This school went far beyond the contract not being worth the paper it’s written on (my contract included an apartment and help with any problems).

I can highlight the mentality with just one story… One time I cornered the head teacher in a blatant lie which had been used to severely negatively impact my quality of life. She then made up a story about something I had said and called me a liar for denying it!

Avoid this school.

Messages In This Thread
Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- Mr Reed -- 2016-07-14
Re Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- J. Wyatt -- 2017-05-19
Re Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- Mr Reed -- 2017-07-03
Re Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- Mr Reed -- 2017-06-27
Re Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- Bradpitt -- 2016-07-27
Re Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- Former FT in China -- 2016-07-27
Re Yubei Middle School Chongqing -- Bradpitt -- 2016-08-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yubei Middle School Chongqing

Go to another board -