TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me!
Former FT in China - 2016-07-15
In response to Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me! (PhD teacher)

I didn't know about clear or coloured bottle quality. I don' have any grupes aboit Chinese beer versus other world beers of the same types. Your Snowbeer is a good price for an okay beer. I like the Tsingtao tang but if I could get Snow at that price I would drink it- you must live in tje sticks.

Yep, it's usually the case that a Chinese brewery's higher quality beer is bottled in clear bottles. You will pay 4 RMB and more for such beers.

I'm in Hohhot. The reason I got the beer so cheap is that I bought in bulk from a wholesale market. I had to buy 30 X 9-packs from the wholesaler to pay so little for a beer that sells at 3 RMB/bottle.

Some info about Qingdao beer. The American brewing giant Anhauser something chose not to market any US brand here. Reason being that Chinese consumers are brand loyal. Said giant has bought into the Qingdao Brewery Co very heavily. Qingdao beer is good, but I prefer Harbin Beer. However, if the price is right, my preferences will go out the window!

Messages In This Thread
Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me! -- Former FT in China -- 2016-07-15
Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me! -- paul fox -- 2016-07-15
Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me! -- Former FT in China -- 2016-07-15
Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me! -- Odd Bob Job -- 2016-07-15
Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me! -- PhD teacher -- 2016-07-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Little Ole Winedrinker, NOT me!

Go to another board -